Group Financial Controller
As a Group Financial Controller, Ellen manages the entire financial process for Seamless, from start to finish, with everything in between and around.
From receiving an approved and confirmed PO to publishing our quarterly and annual reports, she ensures that strong accounting and reporting protocols are in place throughout the company.
Her responsibilities typically include:
- General accounting oversight
- Creating internal policies and spend controls
- Improving and automating internal processes
- Managing budgets, consolidation, and reporting
- Working with auditors and ensuring that regulations are followed
What is the finance team culture like at the company? Any traditions?
Within our small but diverse team, we have built a collaborative and supportive culture that is all about shared values and the right spirit. We are a hardworking team that is driven by common goals, and so we believe in rolling up our sleeves and getting things done, irrespective of what is assigned to whom.
Are there any challenges that you often need to overcome?
More often than not, we – like many other departments – are racing against the clock to deliver accurate results with very strict deadlines. But that’s what brings excitement to work, and challenges I like to accept and make sure that the result is perfect either way.
My checklist to get things done on time:
- Clear processes
- Adequate planning – (I love planning!)
- Timely team communication